INVITATION TO BUSINESS LEADERS:
Become a Partner for Possibility
Passionate about education and leadership development and would like to share your knowledge and experience of organisational change and management with a school principal?
While they work alongside principals for 12 months in a set up that is vastly different from their own working contexts – a school environment fraught with complexity and unique challenges – business leaders get the opportunity to hone their own leadership skills.
Through participation in the PfP programme, you will have the opportunity, among other things, to improve your ability to engage people in a change process, work across traditional boundaries and influence others in situations where you have no direct control.
Watch the above explainer video and find out more about what we do.
Watch the above video for find out more about our leadership programme.
A time commitment of 150 hours over one year
At least 5 years’ experience in leadership and/or organisational development (preferably senior to executive managers)
Must be 35 years or older (younger candidates may be considered)
Not in the process of changing jobs or department
Not engaged in postgraduate studies for the year that they partnered with a principal
Must understand that they will have no direct authority in the school environment, but will be a thinking and development partner to the school principal.
|Financial Year||Full sponsorship||Half sponsorship|
|2020/21 (1 March 2020 to 28 Feb 2021)||R 122,000||R 56,000|
|2021/22 (1 March 2021 to 28 February 2022)||R 128,000||R 59,000|
There are two options:
You/your company pays for the participation of both you and the principal you will partner with. The benefit of this option is that you do not need to wait until further sponsorship becomes available becore you can start the programme.
You/your company pays for the participation of you only. We will need to find sponsorship for the principal, which may take time.
Once your application form has been submitted, a member of the Stakeholder Engagement Team will be in touch with you within 3 working days.
If your application is approved, you will be contacted by the Learning Process Facilitator (LPF)* of the leadership circle** you would join. The LPF will arrange a conversation with you to discuss the requirements of the programme, and will answer any questions you might have. You will then receive your programme calendar, books and other important information.
*The accredited coach who will facilitate and guide your partnership through the 12-month PfP programme
**A learning incubator comprising 8 to 10 business leader-school principal partnership.
- Participating business leaders have an opportunity to develop qualities of conscious, socially aware leadership, to learn how to lead in high constraint, low resource environments and to experience and master the ability to lead through influence, rather than authority
- PfP encourages a culture of active citizenship among employees and an appreciation of the role of business in education
- Through PfP, employees derive a sense of purpose by engaging in legacy-building work
- Sponsorship of the programme counts as Socio-Economic Development (SED) spending because more than 75% of our beneficiaries are Black. Additionally, contributions are Section 18A tax-deductible
- PfP allows organisations to integrate leadership development with social purpose and impact and to align their CSI/ L&D/ Volunteerism and Transformation agendas with the National Development Plan and the Sustainable Development Goals
- Participation provides organisations with the opportunity to promote themselves as good corporate citizens
Still have more questions?
Register your interests and we will get back to you
Ready to reach your leadership potential, while using your business skills to improve education in South Africa?