A leadership development through immersion experience
Execs Back to School is a unique immersion opportunity, where senior business leaders are invited to experience our schools’ challenges and strengths, first-hand.
The 3rd Annual National event will run over the period 14 – 16 September and offer executives the opportunity to spend a morning at a public school, and to engage in an on-line conversation with fellow business leaders on their experience.
The initiative is sponsored by Sphere Holdings in support of the Award-Winning Partners for Possibility leadership development programme.
Should I be there?
- Do you care about improving the quality of education in South Africa?
- Do you really know what goes on inside South Africa’s schools?
- Have you ever thought about what it must be like to be a principal of a school serving an under-resourced community?
- Do you think your business and colleagues truly understand the ‘education divide’?
- Would you like a sneak-peek into the Partners for Possibility programme?
When do I participate?
- Option 1: School visit on 14 September, 7h00 – 12h00, followed by the on-line debrief on 16 September, 10h00 – 11h30
- Option 2: School visit on 15 September, 7h00 – 12h00, followed by the on-line debrief on 16 September, 10h00 – 11h30
- Option 3: Virtual school visit on 15 September, 14h00 – 16h00, followed by the on-line debrief on 16 September, 10h00 – 11h30
(the virtual school visit has been specially arranged for individuals at high-risk for Covid-19)
What contribution can I make?
A deposit of R4 000 or more is optional. Kindly note that if you have previously given a donation any further donations are discretionary. The donation helps make the day possible and supports our work to strengthen education in South Africa for all our children. Symphonia for South Africa is a registered PBO (NPO # 072-323 and PBO # 930-029-675). Required certificates will be provided along with our Annual Report and bi-annual Impact Report.
We would love to engage with you on Execs Back to School. Please reach out to us on email@example.com if you have any questions or need more information on the event.
What is Partners for Possibility?
Partners for Possibility (PfP) is an award-winning, internationally recognised initiative which partners business leaders with principals from public schools in under-resourced communities. Together they complete a year-long, collaborative and practical journey which strengthens their leadership skills, enables a deep partnership between business and the school, and positions the school for meaningful and positive change.
Since its inception in 2011, the programme has impacted over 1500 schools in every province of South Africa.
A reminder that Execs Back to School is a one-day immersion experience that gives insight into our schools. If you would like to find out more about Partners for Possibility, click here to contact us firstname.lastname@example.org