INVITATION TO SCHOOL PRINCIPALS:
Become a Principal for Possibility
Are you a principal who is passionate about leading continuous improvement at your school? Do you
believe that your leadership role is one of the most vital and all-encompassing in the country but feel
that you have not been fully equipped for the demands of leading such a complex organisation?
The Partners for Possibility programme equips school
principals with skills and knowledge and supports them to
lead change and mobilise communities to engage with their schools.
Through a co-action, co-learning partnership with an
experienced business leader, you will have a ‘thinking
partner’ who will support you to improve the functioning of
Watch the above explainer video and find out more about what we do.
Watch the above video for find out more about our leadership programme.
A time commitment of 150 hours over one year
Must lead a quintile
1–4 government school
secondary, combined, LSEN or SOS), preferably with
Must be committed to
staying at the school as
principal for the next 5 years
Must be committed to
their school, learners and staff, and have a ‘can-do’ attitude
Not be engaged in Masters, PhD or Principals Academy
Must understand that the focus of the programme is to improve their school through personal leadership development and that
business leaders should not be seen as a source of funding
Must be permanently appointed as principal of the school and been a principal for at least 1 year, or be recently appointed as principal after serving as deputy principal at that school for several years, or appointed as acting principal of the
school for 2–3 years
Once an application form has been completed, a member of the Stakeholder Engagement Team will be in touch with you within 3 working days.
If your application is approved, you will be contacted by the Learning Process Facilitator (LPF)* of the Leadership Circle* you could join. The LPF will arrange a conversation with you to discuss the requirements of the programme, and will answer any questions you might have. You will then receive your programme calendar, books and other important information.
*The accredited coach who will facilitate and guide your partnership through the 12-month PfP programme
*A learning incubator comprising 8 to 10 business leader-school principal partnerships
- Participating business leaders have an opportunity to develop qualities of conscious, socially aware leadership, to learn how to lead in high constraint, low resource environments, and to experience and master the ability to lead through influence, rather than authority
- PfP encourages a culture of active citizenship among employees, and an appreciation of the role of business in education
- Through PfP, employees derive a sense of purpose by engaging in legacy-building work
- Sponsorship of the programme counts as Socio-Economic Development (SED) spending because more than 75% of our beneficiaries are black. Additionally, contributions are Section 18A tax-deductible
- PfP allows organisations to integrate leadership development with social purpose and impact, and to align their CSI/ L&D/ Volunteerism and Transformation agendas with the National Development Plan and the Sustainable Development Goals
- Participation provides organisations with the opportunity to promote themselves as good corporate citizens
Still have more questions?
Register your interests and we will get back to you
Ready to reach your leadership potential, while using your business skills to improve education in South Africa?